Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday favorites [4.10.20]



Time to link up for some Friday Favorites on this Good Friday!

We're over here trying to find ways to keep us from melting into the couch.  Aside from our evening after dinner walks, Tyler and I have been doing the '30 days of Yoga' with Adrienne on YouTube.


We got back from our walk one evening and I was all 'man, my hips are so tight' 
and he was all, 'yeah, same here' 
and then I was all, 'yeah, better do some stretching'
...and then the next thing we knew, we've been yoga-ing every night after Lake goes to sleep.
...the things #quarantine will do to ya ;)


Did anyone follow this series when it first came out years ago?
Oh my goodness... my entire family did and we LOVED it.

I was scrolling through tv show options the other day and saw that this is currently being streamed on Amazon Prime FREE!  If you haven't seen the series and are looking for something new - I highly, highly recommend 'The Bible'.  I'm debating on letting my boys watch some of the episodes relating to the Crucifixion thru the resurrection of Jesus this weekend (the series covers quite a bit of the Old Testament as well as happenings after the resurrection)... we will see! 


Ha! Seeing a pattern? All of my favorites seem to be about TV series! #thanksquarantine
In my defense on this one, I have only seen 2 episodes of 'Virgin River' (it's on Netflix!)
...however, the soundtrack? It is too good.
My mom texted me a few weeks ago telling me I needed to watch the series and I was all 'meh' about it.  But then she started texting me telling me to download the soundtrack and I quickly obliged (I would rather listen to music than watch tv!).
So, so good.  Her description of the soundtrack was 'it is SO YOU!' and I agree, mom, it is so me. Translation: indie/ folk/ alternative/ lots of violin and string instruments
If you share in my excellent taste in music, I highly recommend this soundtrack.
....Now as for the series, I'll have to get back to you on that!

We've had many-a dominoes and Monopoly filled weekends around here lately and we are all having the best time! Now that the kids have gotten older, they can play a lot of different games with us - and not just play them but COMPETE in them (Corbin - our SIX year old currently holds the record for most dominoes games won!) I love that they can play games like this with us now.


I'm gonna go ahead and say it... I highly, highly doubt there's a more competitive family out there than my own (...feel free to challenge us, we will win ;)) - Every. single. thing. that we do around here we either label as a 'team effort' or a 'competition'.  Maybe all of our kids will be better for it, maybe they'll all wind up in therapy with PTSD... only time will tell ;)  You can usually find us doing some sort of activity that constitutes both a winner and loser.  

Well, this didn't take long...


Ha! Notice I am playing against a LEVEL 1 computer.  Remember how YESTERDAY I told you that Tyler bought a chess set so I could learn to play.  Well, after being terribly spanked by him and having absolutely zero clue on how to play it, I am making it a point that I learn and eventually beat him at his own game.... (see number 4 ;))


I think that's enough favorites for now!
Happy GOOD FRIDAY and Happy Easter!






No comments:

Post a Comment