Tuesday, April 21, 2020

sheet pan supper: kielbasa, sweet potatoes and snap peas

After sharing my lemon-garlic aioli recipe, I thought I'd lob over a recipe that the aioli ALWAYS accompanies!
My sheet tray suppers are great for a night when you have leftover produce you're needing to cook before it goes bad - my kids call them 'leftover trays' - Ha.  They're not made from leftovers - they're made with the mantra of not wanting to waste food.. which, I guess is the same thing ;)

This dinner is completely customizable to whatever produce you've got on hand!  

On this particular night we had a few of my dad's homegrown sweet potatoes and some sugar snap peas that I decided not to make earlier in the week.



This feeds our family of 6 - plus a little bit of leftovers

SHOPPING LIST:
2 packages of Kielbasa (or any other sausage of your liking - we like the smoked Polska sausage!), cut into portions (or you can cut them into medallions!)
4 sweet potatoes, cut into strips* 
A pound of snap peas*
(*or whatever veggies you have on hand!)
1 lemon
Cinnamon
EVOO
Salt and Pepper 

DIRECTIONS:
Line a baking sheet with foil
In a mixing bowl, coat your snap peas with a little bit of oil, as much salt and pepper as you'd like (I use a generous pinch of both) and the juice of 1 lemon
In another mixing bowl, coat your sweet potatoes with a little bit of oil, S&P and as much cinnamon as your heart desires
Add your kielbasa and veggies onto your lined pan, making sure that all are spread evenly onto the tray (since we're a family of six, sometimes we utilize a few sheet trays depending on what's on them)
Drizzle EVOO and a big pinch of S&P over everything 
Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 50 minutes and enjoy!

Yum, yum, yum - We love to dip our kielbasa and sweet potatoes into my garlic aioli!

Another quick, super easy cleanup meal for you and your family.





No comments:

Post a Comment