Thursday, April 30, 2020

what's up wednesday [4.29.20] - err, Thursday?

I'm joining in on my very, very favorite blogger's 'What's up Wednesday' linky party!
....errr, on a Thursday?
...It's been a WEEK over here!

1. WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK...
I have been working, and working, and WORKING on a post that explains how I grocery shop and meal plan for my busy, busy family of 6 - but for now, I'll leave you with this...

We 'Taco Tuesday' HARD over here ;) 

2. WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT...
...Yes, that is a terribly horrible quality photo of 5 year old Liam doing a victory dance at home plate.
Ha!
My Facebook memories are currently all.things.baseball. which makes me so, so sad.. especially for the boys..
BUT!
We received an email from our little league's baseball president with the green light to get ready for little league to gear up in JUNE! Agh! I have three excited, excited boys (one being an overgrown 'boy') over here! Over in our neck of the woods, most little league seasons were altogether cancelled so we are SO HAPPY that we will be playing baseball SOON!!  

3.  WHAT I'M LOVING...
I sent this photo to a friend of mine the other day because my beloved 'Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla' candles (from Bath and Body Works) FINALLY arrived after 2 weeks of waiting.
Listen, this scent is what I call 'canned home smell' - it is just EVERYTHING you'd want your home to smell like... so warm, so cozy... and on a 365 day rotation over here ;)
SO worth the wait, but B&BW, please come back to me soon.. this long distance relationship isn't working for me :( 


4. WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...
Oh ya know, just working on getting those scholarship dollars ;)
Seriously though, we are LOVING the warm weather.  I don't know if it's the current 'state of mind' that we're all in, but we have been taking advantage of every second of all of the nice weather we've been having!

5. WHAT I'M DREADING...
Ya know, this one is a bit of a double edged sword.
I am so ready for some normalcy.  So, so ready. 
I have missed seeing my co-workers in the hallways and I (never thought i'd say this...) miss getting up, getting ready and going to work everyday (I'm working here there and everywhere, currently!).. I am ready to go back to our regularly 'scheduled program'
HOWEVER, I would be lying if I didn't say that I have enjoyed getting to be home with my crew every so often.  Even though i'm tucked away working and they're 'homeschooling' away with their dad, it feels kinda nice knowing we're all together.  
So, I wouldn't exactly say that i'm 'dreading' going back to work full-time (cause Lord help me Jesus I AM READY!) but i'm gonna miss being around these crazy guys of mine!


6. WHAT I'M WORKING ON...
Shhh!

7. WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT...
Normalcy. and, see above! I have two May birthday boys!!

8. WHAT I'M CURRENTLY WATCHING/ READING...
Yes, yes, yes! I can't actually say that i'm currently 'watching' this because I binged this show in, um.. 2 days. It was SO. GOOD. 
Tyler and I are OBSESSED with docuseries so what should we watch next? Help a sister out.


9.  WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...
Right this second?
Andrew Bird's dual set of his albums 'Break it Yourself' and 'Hands of Glory'
His voice is just calm and dreamy and peaceful and yummy, and his music is so upbeat but calming and chill and #avibe all at the same time.  The strings in his songs are melting.
...sorry. Got carried away, ha! If you are into alternative music and HAVEN'T listened to AB (which in that case, um why?) allow me to point you right towards his direction.
...If you ran into  20 year old Emily cruising around in her 1993 Jeep on a nice day, I promise he'd be blaring through the speakers ;)

10.  WHAT I'M WEARING...
All. the. things. that. you. don't. want. to. see.
Aka: leggings and my husbands t-shirts, ha! Because while I'm writing this I have just completed my evening Yoga, and, well #quarantine.

Well, that's all for this Wednesday, err... Thursday! 
See you tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes these days a Thursday is a Wednesday and a Wednesday is a Saturday, right?!

    My son is definitely missing baseball these days so I'm glad your kids get to play.

    And yes, I miss getting ready for work. It hit me just again this morning. I want to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete