Monday, August 10, 2020

Anna Maria Island 2020 [part 2]

I'm back with another round of pictures of basically nothing but kids coated in sunscreen and a pretty beach in the background :) 
Here's our 3rd, 4th, and 5th day on the beach! 




When I tell you that Lake played hard. I mean it.  He was BUSY and played until he crashed every single day.

....literally ;) 







This is a trip i'll never forget.  On the evening that we arrived, my grandfather (who lives on the island) went to be with Jesus.  So many people had told me 'ugh, what awful timing, right during your vacation!' but let me say that it was such a blessing to have been at the beach when he passed.  The place where the bulk of my memories of him and my family are.  It was comforting to be surrounded by so many memories after his passing. 

On this night, we took the boys to eat at a pier that he would often fish off of.  I loved sitting on that pier and telling these boys stories of my grandfather.  There's been so many generations: My grandfather, my sister and I and now my boys that have sat on this pier.  I can't wait for them to grow up with memories of this place and lots of stories to tell their children.

...Are you seeing a pattern? 
Ha. Literally, when we vacation, we just beach (shrug!).

Someone please explain to me why he looks like a YOUNG ADULT in this picture?! 





So this is the boy's friend, Paul! We met Paul last year on vacation and were SO EXCITED to see him back this year.  They got to spend so much time together!
Right before we headed out for dinner, the boys found a Gopher Tortoise!
...and then proceeded to feed him some watermelon.  Ha!
Just four boys ready to go chow down at the Oyster Bar! 


...can you even with this face? Haha!! I have no idea what he was doing or what he was so excited about, but he was excited nonetheless! 

...Three cheers for...
Another day at the beach, ha! 





We made reservations for the neatest little restaurant, The Blue Marlin.  It was DELICIOUS!!




That's a wrap for days 3,4 and 5! I'll wrap up our vacation soon :)

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment