Thursday, August 6, 2020

Anna Maria Island 2020 [part 1]

As I mentioned yesterday, we were able to escape for a week and head off to my favorite place in the whole wide world, Anna Maria Island!

I have visited this island at least once a year since i've been alive!  I have made so many memories here with my grandparents, my mom and dad and sister, and now my own family.  This place holds to most special place in my heart.  

We spent a week (and some change!) beachin' so this will be the first of two posts.

Alrighty, grab your coffee and enjoy all of this beach bum cuteness!

We left at MIDNIGHT, drove through the night and arrived at the island at about 1 o'clock...
I don't think it took the boys but five minutes to give kisses to my grandmother, throw on their sunscreen and swimming trunks and dart out the door to the beach!


Lake was no stranger to the water and got right in! He LOVED it! 


Naturally, this one spent the bulk of the trip working on his skim boarding skills.




We arrived on 4th of July and were SO BUMMED that Covid decided to 'strike again' and cancel the usual beach fireworks.  So instead, we loaded up the boys in their red, white and blue and had dinner at the Ugly Grouper.

Just three boys casually waiting on their virgin Strawberry Daiquiris, ha!
We always tell the boys that 'Good things happen when you do good things'... The three of them were being SO polite and well behaved that our waitress took note and brought them all virgin Strawberry Daiquiris!  They were so excited and felt so old ;)  

Just two blonde boys wandering around the island

this one, too ;) 

On day 2 we did more of the same :)
Beachin', snackin', sleepin' repeat!




If you know anything about Corb, you aren't surprised that it only took him a day to master skim boarding ;) 



This one took the BEST beach naps (can you blame him?)
He would doze off a few hours after we'd get on the beach every day and sleep like a king!

Pssst... you can find my bathing suit HERE!


We ate at our favorite restaurant on this night: Seafood Shack.
Super yummy food and the BEST FIVE DOLLAR PINA COLADAS!!

I got to sit next to this cute fella :)

I love doing life with you :) 

Well, that's days 1 and 2! 
Lots of the same (and more of the same to come!)

See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment