Wednesday, May 27, 2020

what's up wednesday [5.27.20]

Happy Hump Day!
I'm linking up with my favorite bloggers to share 'What's up' over here!

1. WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK...

Well. I made a HUGE batch of guac for our Memorial Day weekend, so we'll be snacking on that for the next few days! If I don't buy extremely ripe avocados, we can usually eat on the guacamole for 2-3 days after I make it before it turns green and yuck.. you can find the recipe here.

Oh, and as I mentioned on Friday.  I've been surviving off of Hulk Smash smoothies for lunch now that I'm back at work.  They're easy to make (you can even make 'portion' bags and throw everything into a freezer bag and grab one when you're ready to make one!) and are packed with nutritious goodness!

2. WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT...

...I'm ready for another day in the sun!
...and for me to be as tan as my husband, ha!
 We had the best weekend with all of our friends!

3.  WHAT I'M LOVING...
I recently got most of my purchases in from Amazon and have really been enjoying them! I'll chat a little more about them later :) 

4. WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...

Helllloooo Summertime!
We officially 'wrapped up' school last week and declared it summer around here!  The older boys had a 'farewell' parade at their school and we also had to pick up their supplies and things from their teachers.

Bittersweet but I think #allthemommassaidAmen when we think about just getting this school year BEHIND US!
Here's hoping next year is, well, normal ;)


5. WHAT I'M DREADING...
...Well, i'll be turning 30 two months from today... So there's that.


6. WHAT I'M WORKING ON...
I am working, working, working on getting a 'How we meal plan' post together! For YEARS I have gotten so many questions from family and friends about how we manage that realm of our life and always love giving them my tips and tricks.  I am excited to share it with you! 

7. WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT...
...did I say Summer already? ;)
Getting that 'taste' of Summer over the weekend has me READY!

8. WHAT I'M CURRENTLY WATCHING/ READING...
Agh! I just finished my last book and am needing something else to read!
I have really found myself in the evenings not wanting to wind down with tv anymore and have taken to enjoying a cozy blanket and a good book... any suggestions? 

9.  WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...
...currently?
My husband's podcast. Ha! 

10.  WHAT I'M WEARING...
Well, I've been LIVING in a bathing suit all weekend, and I'm not at all mad about it ;)
I ran out and snagged this one from Target and really liked the way it fit!

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, guac is so delicious!

    As for books, what do you normally read? I'm new to your blog, so don't know you.

    Summertime, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really anything light and chic-lit... any suggestions??

      Delete
  2. We have another month of school (online learning) left and I'm half looking forward to it being done and half dreading it (how will we fill all the time???).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have decided to keep doing math facts over the summer to keep the rust from settling in ;) ESPECIALLY since they haven't had 'formal instruction'! Good luck to you!!

      Delete