Friday, May 22, 2020

Friday favorites [5.22.20]

Why hello there, Friday... aren't you looking like all of the other Friday's as of late, ha!
I'm linking up today to share a few Friday Favorites!


This has been on my favorites list for a few weeks now but it's ESPECIALLY a favorite this week because Tyler and I finished our 30 day Yoga challenge last night! 
We have LOVED our 30 day journey with Adrienne so much that we've already picked out her 30 day 'Yoga Camp' next!  If you're looking for a way to get your body in gear, give Yoga with Adrienne a try!

So obviously I've seen so many people during this season rolling out passion projects (...including myself with this blog!) including...
My husband!
Tyler, along with his might-as-well-be-brother friend Kyle have started a Podcast!!
For AWHILE my friend Erica (Kyle's wife) and I have told the two of them that we should be recording their conversations.  Usually on a Saturday night, you'll find us at Erica and Kyle's sitting around a table playing cards (....because I guess we're that old now, right guys? ;)) and more often than not, Erica and I are bellied over laughing at these two goons guys. So when they finally decided that we may actually know what we're talking about  their commentary is actually pretty hilarious, that pulled the trigger.
They're only a few episodes in but if you have a fellow 'fellow' in your life or just anyone in general that enjoys reality tv, nostalgia and sports then they're your guys.  They truly do know a little bit... about a lot, ha! You can find them on the Apple Podcast app or on YouTube.

...and on that note...


I am not a guy. 
...and don't get me wrong, I love listening to my husband and one of my closest friends 'dabble' on their podcast.
...but I can appreciate the fact that not all females would enjoy the soothing sounds of my husband and one of my closest friends dabbling on and on about Michael Jordan, Survivor and old school video games ;)
So, let me lob this suggestion over to you ladies in the back...

My cousin, Alicia and her friend have also started a podcast recently, and it's filled we all things that we girls can appreciate ;) Think 'The Bachelor', things going on in the world, and just general life 'ugh's' that we ladies face. SO if that's your style, you can find them on the Apple Podcast app and on YouTube as well :)

See? Options ;) Different strokes for different folks.

It's warming up in Tennessee which means we're all pulling out our shorts and tank tops over here...
...and your girl ain't ready.
...The thought of having to show these milky toned legs of mine anytime soon makes me hurl.

Now that I'm older, wiser and terrified of wrinkles and skin cancer, my old friend, the tanning bed, and I have parted ways.  So self-tanners have become my new friend, because I just cannot pull off the 'pale skin' look and because I also just don't know where all you sun kissed momma's out there find the time to be outside and get a nice tan. ;)


I have two ride-or-dies that I usually have on hand: St. Tropez - Dark Bronzing Mousse and Loving Tan - 2 hour express Dark tanning mousse.  Both have their pros and cons about them, so depending on my 'mood' I'll use one or the other.. You'll see that one is an 'express tanner' (meaning it develops quicker) and another is your typical, 8 hour, sleep in that 'ish tanner.. Both brands have both types, but I prefer these specific ones in each brand over their longer/shorter developing counter partner.
Make sense? Convoluted, yes. 
...but you do you.

Now that I've gone back to work, my Hulk Smash smoothies have been the PERFECT answer to a quick lunch time! I make myself a glass and then give the rest to Lake to accompany his lunch.
If you're in need of a quick, healthy lunch idea... head on over and check out that recipe!

I'd never get pretty flowers planted again if I didn't say that my new, ready for spring, flower beds weren't a favorite! I'm SO GLAD Tyler was able to knock it all out last weekend because this weekend? Rain, rain, rain, RAIN. Ugh!

That's it for my Friday Favorites!  I hope you have a great, sunshine-filled long weekend.

See you Tuesday! 



2 comments:

  1. I've been looking at those self tanners, but I think a bad self tanner incident back in 2006 has kept me from trying it! I might just try it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nearly fool proof because of the guide color. Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete