Saturday, May 2, 2020

cowboy caviar

The first time I had ever tried cowboy caviar was a few years ago at our annual recipe exchange and I clearly didn't understand exactly 'what' I was eating.
For those of you like me who have never heard of 'cowboy caviar', it's a dip
...and I was eating it with a spoon.
Ha!

It really was that good! So I knew I needed to try my hand at it.

You'll see this delicious concoction nearly every Saturday afternoon when our Florida Gators are playing, hanging out by the pool for our friends to enjoy, or tucked into a few different recipes! 


SHOPPING LIST:
2 cans of black eyed peas, drained
1 can of sweet whole kernel corn, drained
2 cans of Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes (or any tomatoes of your liking!), drained
1 avocado, diced
1 green belle pepper, diced 
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 cup of red onion, chopped
1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
1 cup of Zesty Italian dressing
4 tablespoons of lime juice 
salt and pepper to taste 

DIRECTIONS:
Simple, simple, simple - just combine all of your ingredients into a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste! Let this sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving so the flavors can marry together. Dip this with a yummy tortilla chip OR spread onto a taco
...or you can eat it straight from the spoon like I did.
I won't pass any judgement.

Easy, peasy... perfect, refreshing, healthy snack to have around the house on a hot day!



No comments:

Post a Comment