Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Homemade Ranch

Ok. So I'm aware that there's a ranch-frenzy among lots of people...
...I mean...
I cannot say that I am on the 'ranch obsession' train. Ranch and I's relationship has been mostly indifferent for the majority of my life.
...Until I started making it from scratch.
Now I know what you ranch-obsessers are talking about. Now I can dress up in boas and tutu's and now i'm comfortable enough to pose in front of a ranch fountain... ;)

Trust me when  Isay making this ranch from scratch is way, way, WAY better than anything you could buy in a bottle!  
You know EXACTLY what's going in it (...hello? Have you SEEN how long Ranch can last in your refrigerator? It's unnatural...) and it's super fresh and NOT processed. 
PLUS, I guarantee that you probably have the majority of the ingredients already on hand.

We keep everything on hand to make it because we go through this QUICKLY around here.


This recipe makes 16 ounces 

SHOPPING LIST:
3/4 cup of mayonnaise
3/4 cup of sour cream 
1/2 cup of whole milk (2% works fine, too!)
1 1/2 teaspoons of dill weed
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
A pinch of sugar

DIRECTIONS:
Whisk all ingredients together and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!

I promise, once you start making your own ranch, you'll never own another bottle again.





No comments:

Post a Comment