Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Corbin is SEVEN!

Sweet, sweet Corbin is SEVEN today.



I met Corbin when he was just a little, shaggy headed three year old.  He was in his room playing on his 'tabwet' when I walked in and said, 'Hi, my name is Emily, what's your name?' and he said 'My name is Corbin... I like spohts' (which is the absolute biggest understatement he will ever say until the day he dies! ha!) 
...and then I melted into a puddle and no one has yet to come clean me up! ha!

Since that day he has grown from a tiny little guy that use to let me tote him around on my hip calling me 'EM-UH-WEE' to a big SEVEN YEAR OLD kid that will sit around at the kitchen table while I'm making dinner thoughtfully catching up with me on mine and his week.

I can't sit here and reminisce about the day that he was born, or what his first words were or when he started to walk.  Those memories will forever belong to his mom and dad. What I can sit here and talk about is what an absolutely outstanding person this kid is becoming... and to say that I feel so incredibly privileged to be able to play such an important role in this boy's life is my absolute biggest understatement. 

There will never be enough appreciation, enough thank you's that I can extend to his momma for sharing a big piece of her heart with me... He quickly became a big piece of mine as well.

As I did with Liam, I asked Corbin what 7 things he'd like share about himself... Starting with....

#1. He LOVES LOVES LOVES Sports!!

*See understatement mentioned above*
That was not at all a joke when I said the first thing Corbin said to me when I met him as a THREE YEAR OLD was that he 'liked spohts'

This child BREATHES them. Balls are CONSTANTLY being thrown around the house when he's here.  If there's ANY sort of sporting event on TV, he's either watching it, or not watching tv at all ;)

He has played soccer, baseball and basketball and has excelled EXPONENTIALLY at every single one of them.  Last season of baseball his team gave him the 'MVP bat' and last season of soccer he was the 'Player of the Year'.  He is truly a natural born athlete. 

My favorite part about this though is that this child is HUMBLE to his core.  
He could have scored 5 homeruns in a game (...which he has.) and I promise you, you will never hear him brag about it.. Heck, he might not even mention it to you. He is always searching for ways to improve and is always cheering on the little guys.  It is my most favorite part about who he is.

#2. He wants to be a Vet when he grows up.
Every time I hear someone ask him what he wants to be when he grows up he tells them a vet.  He has Veterinarians on both his mom and dad's side of the family so i'd say the cards are in his favor ;)

#3. He collects SNAILS.
Well. This is a new one, ha! Corbin came over this past weekend with a homemade habitat for SNAILS.
...ew.
His mom told us that he had been out 'hunting' for snails and created a little home for them.
...unfortunately I don't have a picture of said snail habitat, so you'll just have to trust that it's pretty cool (and gross!).


#4. He LOVES to FISH!

One of his favorite hobbies right now is FISHING.  He LOVES to go fishing and I just think it's the coolest thing that a 7 year old has enough patience to sit and fish all day ;)


#5. He learned how to ski, too!

Corbin also learned to ski this year on our Christmas trip! He was a natural (duh.) and took onto it pretty quickly. 

Another tiny little fact about him is that he, like his step-momma, is NOT a fan of heights. So, here we are clinging to each other for dear life on the chair lift. Ha. Kidding, sort of.
Skiing? Easy peasy.  Chair lift? Not so much..
He says he's ready to take on bigger mountains but I hope he realizes that means longer chair lift rides ;) 


#6. He LOVES the Florida Gators and the Tennessee Titans

This child LOVES his teams and can tell you nearly all there is to know about the players.  My heart EXPLODES for his love of the Gators :) We took him to a Florida vs. Vanderbilt basketball game when they were in town a few years ago and we had the best time with him!


#7. He is the best, best big brother!
Before Lake, Corbin was the 'baby' on this side of his family.  So when Lake came along, I worried a little about how Corbin would feel about no longer being the youngest.
...Let me just tell you.  I have no idea why I was worried.  He is the sweetest brother to Lake and has taken on his newfound role so, so well.  He is always hugging and kissing on him and plays ball with him all. the. time.  

Out of all of his brothers, Lake reminds me of Corbin the most.  They both have a very similar demeanor about them. I just know these two will have a very special relationship.


We also asked Corbin the same 'birthday' questions and here's what we got:

1. Who's your favorite person in the whole world? My dad, mom, brothers and sister and Emily 

2. What is your favorite color? Yellow

3. What's your favorite television show? ...pretty much all sports

4. What's your favorite outfit? I like shorts and tee shirts

5. What's your favorite song? White Iverson by Post Malone

6. What's your favorite cereal? Fruit Loops

7. Who is your Best Friend? Beckham

8. What do you want to be when you grow up? A vet!

9. What do you think you are really good at? Playing sports (...this is very accurate!)

10. What was your favorite memory over the last year? Learning how ski!

11. What would you buy if you had $1,000? A bike like Mason's, a new basketball goal, and a new soccer ball

12. Who is your biggest hero? Derek Henry

13. If you could have one wish, what would it be? To have A LOT of football cards

14. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Nice 

15. What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? Go to Gatlinburg again

I cannot believe you are seven. Corb, you are so, so loved.  God gave me the biggest blessing when you came into my life.  Happy, happy birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment