Friday, May 29, 2020

a little bit of life [5.29.20]

It's FRIDAY! YESSSS!
My man is headed out for a weekend guys trip to celebrate a friend of ours getting married and a few of the 'left behind' wives and I are going to get together and have some girl time #whendoesthateverhappen.

I'm keeping it simple and sweet today and showing ya'll a little bit of life lately...

...just three brothers casually bonding over 'Go Dog Go', haha!

A few days before the 'official' last day of school, I had to bring the boys to their school to get all of their things and say goodbye to their teachers (I didn't snag one of Mason - we couldn't even go into his classroom :().
...just saying that is so bizarre.  I can't imagine being a teacher and walking into my classroom that has been left untouched, kept with every intention of the seats being filled the next morning.  This was hard.  I hurt for my two third graders and my first grader.  I hope next year is their best year yet to overcast this yuck shadow.

I have never seen a baby/toddler love books as much as this boy does.  He is ALWAYS grabbing a book and flipping through the pages. I hope his love for books lasts a lifetime!

I was home grabbing a quick bite for lunch and ran into this handsome man on his way out to do some yard work.  I love working so close to home so I can pop in on my lunch time ;)

...Yep! We're still walking and walking and walking some more :) As strange as it sounds, this pandemic has brought a lot of positive changes to our lifestyle over here!
 
My kids kept asking me if I actually took their pictures to my office (you can read more about that here) so I snapped this photo before heading out one day to prove it ;) ha!
Seeing all these sweet faces during the day is nice, i'll have to admit!

 
Hey Corb!!
Corbin got this bike for his birthday and has been riding it nonstop.  I love that he still thinks it's cool to wave at me in front of his friends while he speeds by ;)

Baseball around here returns THIS WEEKEND and you can bet your bottom this boy is READY!

Ugh! Ok, this got me right in the feels.  On my first day back at work, I drove out of the drive way and saw Lake's head peeping out the window watching me leave.
...and then the next day, he was more prepared and immediately brought his shoes to me while I was getting ready cause he was all 'I know you're leaving and I'm coming, too, k?'
...and then I texted my boss and was all 'I'll be working from home from now until he graduates from high school' 
...I actually sent that text message. ha!

Just a bunch of neighborhood boys doing neighborhood boy things...
We have TONS of kids that live in our neighborhood and it couldn't make 

This one. He is wild. 
...he climbs on EVERYTHING.

These are our 'WE FINALLY WENT TO EAT AT THE MEXICAN RESTAURANT' faces because WE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO EAT AT THE MEXICAN RESTAURANT AND IT MADE ME SO SO HAPPY!!
..Yay for glimmers of normalcy!

Well, there's your random assortment of our life lately!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment